Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, August 22, 2011

Agora Report

Posted on 7:28 AM by Unknown
The gardens lately have been covered with some sort of butterfly/moth and I'm having a tough time figuring out what it is. Anybody have a clue? Also - WOW, everything is covered with Solder Beetles which is a good thing as they eat bad things in the garden.

 
Also yesterday took a photo of Blake when he was wondering around the yard.

 

14 years old and still acts like a puppy (pees on the carpeting)  but I suppose when I get up there in that age I'll be peeing on the carpeting also so . . . . actually the new algorithm makes Blake 69 years old unless you put in the average weight which makes him 75.
Then I caught this little guy at our feeder - we have about four that drop by. It's a family as we see male, female and two young ones. 



Anyway I had the 3rd annual Agora Art Fair Saturday and I was "in-tune" with the weather.  I looked at the radar and there were scattered showers on the Mississippi River.  So we get in the car and are bouncing down HWY 151 which if you are pulling a trailer REALLY SUCKS!   It's construction is poured slabs and every slab seems to be rounded.  You don't feel it in a car but with a trailer it's hell.
So we're bouncing down 151 and  BOLT!!     Wow - a streak of lightning - THAT's not a good thing to see when driving to an art fair.  BOLT  BOLT!!     hmmmmm  OK so DJ looks at the radar on the iPhone and there is now a big multi colored blob heading towards Fitchburg.   The timing looks really poor.  
It gets darker and darker and drops of rain start hitting on windshield.  By the time we pull into the area where I'm suppose to put up the canopy we are in the middle of a torrential rain storm.  People are hiding inside their canopy's and others (like us) are just sitting in their cars.  

We look at the radar again and there will be a break for about 15 minutes. I tell DJ that the plan is to get the top of the canopy up before the next storm.  The rain turns to a sprinkle and we bolt (just like lightning) and feverishly put the top of the canopy together.  We're in a hurry because it takes two hours to set up and be ready to sell so every minute counts. 
We get the top together and the next rain comes!  Back in the car!!

Finally the storm ends, blue sky comes out and we're able to set up.  We were about 15 minutes late but all went well.  It was the best fair yet for me. 

Interesting was that within the 1st hour I had sold the below 12x36 canvas image.  Then the woman who purchased it said "can you hold it for me" and 20 minutes later another person wanted to purchase it and a few others were really looking at it.   As DJ said - this looks MUCH better BIG on canvas then on a computer. 



Another thing was that one image that no one looked at last year has all of a sudden sold three fairs in a row.




I only had one comment (that I heard) sort of insulting a shot of Miller Park.  She said it just looks CHEAP!!  Otherwise all the other comments were just making my head big!  

Vince was a big seller - who could have predicted THAT one LOL. In fact I ran out of them.


Coming in 2nd was Fall in Madison.


For State people I saw Joe Koberstein and Judy Page.  Judy says Hi to everybody at 1 W Wilson.  Joe says you guys can all go jump in a lake you losers!  Well, he might have said something like that.   

On to Sun Prairie September 10th.    Going to Door Country Wednesday.

Have a great Monday - storms tomorrow!

BTW - Ben “Coach” Wade and Oscar “Ozzy” Lusth will be in the next SURVIVOR - SOUTH PACIFIC 

Rod 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ▼  August (14)
      • USS Cobia
      • So So Close - uber long blog
      • doughnut shake down
      • Agora Report
      • A good Day a Bad Game all "Lumped" in one
      • High Anxiety
      • Busy Tuesday
      • Augmenting with Photos
      • American Men
      • Weekend Update
      • Hydro Street Brewing Co, Columbus Wisconsin!!!
      • Maybe a night blog?
      • Drunk Elephants
      • August You say?
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile