Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Maybe a night blog?

Posted on 8:21 AM by Unknown
I think I have to write this blog at night. I always have so many "interesting" things to say at night and then in the morning everything seems so . . . mundane. Although perhaps I'm fooling myself as the blog is ALWAYS mundane so . . . .

How 'bout those Brewers. When the season started the schedule had one MAJOR bad area. The 26 games before the All-Start break as being REALLY tough, and then after the the break, 20 games in 20 days. From reports I read the 20 games in 20 days was a make or break group of 20 games.

After the 20 the Brewers would know if they were pretenders or contenders.

I have to think going 13-7 pretty much says contenders. The rest of the schedule looks good. There are no road trips from hell. No three city road trips.

The Brewers are playing a little over their head I feel but only by a couple games and the Cards are doing as well as they should. Cinci has a good team but are playing below expectations and the Pirates are sinking as they should be.

So - let's have some fun and have a trifecta. Brewers in the World Series, Packers in the Super Bowl and Badgers in the Rose Bowl, HELL - NATIONAL CHAMPS LOL.
-------------------------------

Congrats to balderdash for leaving State Service and joining the MG&E team.
--------------------
OH - anybody want and sunflower seeds? I have about 20 pounds of various flavored seeds. Seriously, what will I do with 20 pounds. How long will those last me!! Short boring story on how I got them but it's sort of how I got 1200 glass bombers - just extra industrial swag.
---------------------------------

Looks like I'll be spending Friday in a wooden boat taking photos for 7 hours, Then spending Saturday at the Boat show taking more photos. The thing that worries me is that the boat people would like a sunrise shot Saturday morning. YEA - sun rises at 6:00 meaning I'll have to leave home about 5:00 meaning I'll have to get up BEFORE 5:00. Why even go to bed!!

Anybody on the Square in Madison look at the  kiosks which have my Boat poster (man did they get a deal for that poster).


----------------------------------
Did you know that Nostradamus wrote 942 quatrains (4 line long poems) in his lifetime which he organised into centuries? Who could have predicted THAT!

Did you know that a single bacteria cell, given all the food it needs, could divide into a ball of cells the size of the Earth in 24 hours. My question is would this change gravity?

Did you know that with all of the letters DJ and I get from Chase Manhattan Bank we could wrap them around the world 5 times?

Republicans hate taxes, we all know that. The last thing they want is it raise taxes because taxes are evil. So - if you hate taxes please do the following.

1. Do not use Medicare.
2. Do not use Social Security
3. Do not become a member of the US military, who are paid with tax dollars.
4. Do not ask the National Guard to help you after a disaster.
5. Do not call 911 when you get hurt.
6. Do not call the police to stop intruders in your home.
7. Do not summon the fire department to save your burning home.
8. Do not drive on any paved road, highway, and interstate or drive on any bridge.
9. Do not use public restrooms.
10. Do not send your kids to public schools.
11. Do not put your trash out for city garbage collectors.
12. Do not live in areas with clean air.

Just sayin.

And finally - I want to give a shout out to Michelle Martin Photography - here are two photos that I stole from Facebook. Please LIKE Michelle Martin Photography - these are totally outstanding and Columbus should be proud.

Personally?  I believe Michelle is better then Wedding Photography.  I don't know the career path but she is an outstanding portrait photographer and the best I can express my thought is . . . she could hold her own with ease in New York! 




Have a great day!

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ▼  August (14)
      • USS Cobia
      • So So Close - uber long blog
      • doughnut shake down
      • Agora Report
      • A good Day a Bad Game all "Lumped" in one
      • High Anxiety
      • Busy Tuesday
      • Augmenting with Photos
      • American Men
      • Weekend Update
      • Hydro Street Brewing Co, Columbus Wisconsin!!!
      • Maybe a night blog?
      • Drunk Elephants
      • August You say?
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile