Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Random stuff

Posted on 6:11 AM by Unknown
I really have to start making notes of things to say.  During the days I always come up with "That is good blog stuff" and then I forget it.  I have to make a note to make notes, 
 --------------------------------

The other day I was watching the news and commented "THAT, is why woman should not go into outer-space" and paused the TV. DJ comes out and laughs and says the woman looks just like Naked Barbie**!

I say "What"? and she brings out Naked Barbie** and we both have a good laugh.

 
The story behind Naked Barbie is that she was my first Christmas present from Jenny.  I believe Jenny was like 13 and it was one of those - "HERE" presents.  I think she was having issues at the time when DJ and I getting intimate or something so she felt I needed a Naked Barbie! 

Anyway I kept it and now Caydence loves playing with her (although clothed in a pretty spring jumper).  
-----------------------------------------------------------
I was aimlessly driving around Columbus and (wow Google has new maps of Columbus) there is a house on the corner of Dix and Sturges that always has a grand tulip explosion in spring.  I stopped and took a photo of one of their gardens.  If anyone knows them I have an 8x12 coming for them (for FREE). 

---------------------------------------------
As you all know you can "follow" me on Twitter  @RodMelotte - I don't say much - a random comment from time to time when something strikes me.  

As you all know the Rapture as been postponed until October 21st now.  What if there was a Rapture and only like 23 people went up.  On twitter Aaron Rodgers was wondering how long it takes to reach heaven and how many belts he could put on.  He said the over/under was about 12. 

I had to unfollow Steve Martin - he was boring, all that banjo stuff - he is just not a good tweeter. 

Speaking of tornadoes - really makes you appreciate basements doesn't it.

I've been sort of lax on getting more Columbus photos - just no real good opportunities. You can not manufacture good light and it seems lately me and good light have always been separated.  A couple mornings ago I had good light about 8:30 in the morning and I jumped in the car and took this shot of the Columbus High School. 

When was this built???

Speaking of photography - the streak continues - The Trails Supper Club has been selling my images.  I had some doubts about that one.  

I was accepted into the Pumpkin Patch Festival in Egg Harbor which is a two day event in October (just before the Rapture). Suppose to be the busiest weekend in Door County and it is just outstanding fall colors that weekend .  We're pumped.
Also have the Deforest Dragon Art Fair June 4th which looks like a good show.

How about those Brewers. I've won 15 of the last 19 picks over at my Brewer blog Grinders Warehouse so if you are looking for Brewer talk go over there where I post every day.

I have to go into Madison today to deliver a disk for the Antique and Classic boat show poster, 


OH - reality show fans.  Mark Burnett is at it again. remember Eco Challenge?  His first adventure race?  There is a new prime time show coming on called "Expedition Impossible" which is looking REAL good. 

The series will follow thirteen teams of three competitors as they "solve problems while racing across deserts, over mountains and through rivers" across the nation of Morocco. Each member of the first team to cross the finish line after completing the ten stages of the competition will receive USD$50,000 and a new Ford Explorer.

I gotta run and put up the Brewer blog - they play this afternoon and then I have to get to Madison.  I'm buying a Hoover Steam Vac w/Spin Scrub and a quick stop at Menard's or Home Depot.

Cheers - Rod


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ▼  May (7)
      • The patron saint of genital disease
      • Random stuff
      • Lack of blog material
      • Interesting ride to Portage
      • Yard Stories
      • Still - no gas at $4.00+
      • Ding Dong the Witch Is Dead
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile