Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Interesting ride to Portage

Posted on 6:54 AM by Unknown
I was taking some bigness cards to Portage and zoomed past one of those country airfields. I think it was outside Rio or some other small town and my brain clicked an image and for about 2 miles I was deciding if I should stop and go back and take a REAL photo. I finally stopped and turned around and drove into the air field.

Sitting there was Frank Veserat enjoying the day. I explained I was a free lance photographer and I took somewhat unique photos and if he would let me snap off some shots! He supposed it's OK.

I took a few photos of his 1941 Taylorcraft which was called a Grasshopper in WWII as it was used as an observation plane in much the same way as an observation balloon was used in France during World War I.

I mentioned that my father in law was a flight instructor and it seems ol' Frank got his flying license  from Mel many years ago.


This is Frank when he was in a good mood!   I love this shot enlarged!  


Anyway - as I was on the road again I passed a big ass turtle on the side of the road.  One of those that are as big as a large dinner plate.  He right next to the road looking for a good time to make a "run" for the other side.

I zoomed past going 65 and told myself I should stop and help him.  I kept thinking this for like 2 miles and then decided that I had just killed the turtle since I did not help him,  IT WAS MY FAULT HE WAS GOING TO GE SQUASHED! 

So I vowed to look for him on the way back IF he was still alive. 

I actually did find him and he had turned around and was facing the other direction.  I pulled over, ran across the highway and he got all like hissy at me.  The dude had a BIG mouth and did not appreciate my help a whole lot.  I picked him up and started to move him to safety but he like scratched me and I dropped him upside down in the weeds which seemed to anger him even more! 

I tipped him up again, move his body with flaying little arms further away from the highway!  

HEY - I TRIED!!! 

Have a nice Wednesday - Golf tonight IF it does not thunderstorm.

Rod

hmmm I like this is BW also - what do you guys think

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ▼  May (7)
      • The patron saint of genital disease
      • Random stuff
      • Lack of blog material
      • Interesting ride to Portage
      • Yard Stories
      • Still - no gas at $4.00+
      • Ding Dong the Witch Is Dead
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile