Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, January 6, 2012

Weird Week

Posted on 7:40 AM by Unknown
It's been a weird week.  Monday was a holiday and we slept in for a change.  Well, if you call getting up at 5:00 to let Blake out and going back to bed "sleeping in". Dang Blake is on a schedule!

Tuesday I blogged and went to work.  While at work I got this tiny throat thing going on. You know when your throat gets a little weird, stuffed up feeling?  Got worse all day and all night and BAM - I was down for the count Wednesday - BLAH!!!  Slept a lot of the day but I felt I was getting better.

About 5:00 I get an email from my Madison boss asking if I can come in Thursday at 9:00 for a special meeting in Madison.   I also had a trip to Fort Atkinson to help my mom fix her TV and to help with her Christmas present a Nook Touch.  She was having issues!

I get to work and am all set for the meeting and look on my calendar to see what room and see . . .IT'S IN TWO WEEKS!!!  crap - Thank You Madison boss.  So I go to moms early. Fix her TV (The switch on the remote was set to AUX2 and not TV and the Nook . . .sigh . . .

Here is the thing with The Nook.  It has an incredibly slow operating system.  If you are doing one thing and want to do another, relax, it will take time.  It's like when you are on a computer and all of a sudden you are 7 clicks ahead of the operating system and you keep clicking like it will go faster but all you are doing is adding MORE stuff.

So in a Nook, you are reading a book.  You go to the menu to open another book. . . . BUT WAIT, Nook has to close one book which it seems takes time and then it has to think about opening another book and all that time you are swiping , pushing, poking  swiping more and nothing is happening and all that time Nook is remembering all those things and laughing at you because IT'S STILL CLOSING THE ORIGINAL BOOK!

Pretty soon you are pissed off and say f*ck this thing and move on to something else because Nook is broken and useless.   10 minutes later you go back and it works GREAT!!  OH - and they don't tell you that SOME places you tap and SOME places you swipe and if you swipe you need to swipe NOT the whole screen because then it won't work.

Then last night I start to get the chills . . . . . sigh . . . my nose is stuffed up a little and I can't breath and for some reason DJ keeps kicking me to roll over in bed.  I get up at 3:00 because Blake is pacing around and it seems he needs to throw-up which he does outside.  I wonder why he never throws up the SECOND time he eats his food!   I go to let him in and he's gone.  (BTW - yesterday was his 14th birthday)

1/2 hour later he has climbed up back deck deck and is wondering why no one is letting him in.   It's now 4 in the morning and I go back to bed but I can't sleep because I'm trying to be quiet so I don't get kicked.  Plus I read a complaint about the Brewery in an email from a serial complainer's 4th email to me and of course I answered him FOR THE LAST TIME.

So that is my week.  It's brew day today. I'm feeling better but the NyQuil is making me sluggish a little (but it's a nice sluggish, like a hard slap in the face with a big soft cloud pillow . . . I love you Mr. NyQuil). 

------------------------------------------

BTW - from a Republican friend  "I believe Mitt Romney is the John Kerry of the 2012 elections".    I also think that.

OH - from my email SPAM folder - I don't know why my mom is afraid of email

Photos of Black Singles in Your City! (we only have one and I don't want a picture of him)

Jamie Lynn is a bigger slut than Britney - (and I care why?)

Lucky men use it (good for them)

Meet 50 plus Singles (50 plus what? size 50?)

Cheers
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ▼  January (13)
      • Spam-a-lot
      • Good Bye Carmen Gonzalez!
      • Carmen Makes Her Move
      • The Scam Continues - with a twist
      • I got a letter from Carmen Gonzalez
      • Pintrest
      • Mrs.Carmen Gonzalez/Pack N Box Movers and Logistic...
      • "As for me on the 1st of hill"
      • White Boy Rap and Jury Duty
      • Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, John 3:16
      • Gov. Walker, putting the CON back in WisCONsin
      • Weird Week
      • What could possibly go wrong
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile